BROWSE PRODUCTS

White Colour for Paraffin Wax

Add this to paraffin wax for a solid, milk white colour.  Use as little as possible, max 0.5%.  Don’t add this to IW3F wax or soy wax.

R172.00R860.00 inc VAT

white colour for candles
White Colour for Paraffin Wax

Get a Milky White Candle

Candle Deli’s fully refined paraffin wax creates a marbled effect in candles.  Add a tiny amount of white colour for paraffin wax to the paraffin wax.  You will get a milky white candle without marbling.

How to Use White Colour for Paraffin Wax

Melt the paraffin wax and bring the temperature to at least 85°C.   Use a thermometer to ensure that you have reached the correct temperature.  Add the smallest possible amount of white colour to the melting paraffin wax and stir gently until fully dissolved.  We suggest 0.25% – 0.5%.  Use the digital spoon to measure small amounts accurately.

There is no need to add white colour for paraffin wax to IW3F wax.  Why not?   Because IW3F wax is already an even white colour with no marbling.

Do not add white colour for paraffin wax to soy wax.  Soy wax has a natural creamy colour which you may prefer.

White colour for paraffin wax can be combined with stearic acid.  Some candle makers like to add both to their paraffin wax.

Troubleshooting

The white colour for candles has a higher melting point than paraffin wax.  If the white colour does not dissolve, you need to increase the temperature of the paraffin wax.

What Does 0.25 – 05,% Mean?

This means that white colour would be 0.25% of the total weight of your candle.  The remaining 99.75% of your candle would be paraffin wax.

Alternatives

Candle making is a process of trial and error and a lot of testing.  Test stearic acid as an alternative to the white colour for candles.

Storage

Store in closed container at 20ºC – 25ºC, away from direct sunlight and any sources of ignition.

 

Weight N/A
Dimensions N/A
Pack Size

1kg, 250g, 5kg

You may also like…